[vsnet-alert 6259] WZ Sge results of Aug 10/11 - new run started Aug 11/12, 2001

Dear colleagues,

I have just concluded the analysis of my August 10/11 CCD time-series
photometry run of WZ Sge. The sky was of moderate quality, with some cloud
fields hampering the observing session. Nevertheless, we got a pretty
interesting light curve, that is presented at my web site (address below).
There are some striking differences with WZ Sge's behaviour of the night
before. First of all, the 'secondary superhump' now is dominating the true
superhump, both being almost equal now [this confirms the findings of G.
Masi and others, as discussed by T. Kato in vsnet-alert 6255]. More
pronounced is also a small hump, that emerges just after an eclipse of WZ
Sge. Please note that the depth of the eclipses is very small, in the order
of about 0.05 mag. The plateau, that we observed yesterday, seems to have
disappeared completely.

I'm wondering what suprises this night will bring ? I have started a new
session at about 21:20 UT and will continue till about 03:00 UT. Sky
conditions are more or less okay, with some cirrus clouds.

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
http://vsnet.lunarpages.com/cbabelgium
email : Tonny.Vanmunster@advalvas.be