[vsnet-alert 6210] WZ Sge: Superhumps very well developed!

Dear Colleagues,
A very useful and welcomed wind prepared an incredible clear sky for the evening of Aug
05/06. Since the beginning of the run, it wasclear that the S/N was going to be good,
despite of the moon, thanks to the very clear background. So, I managed to get 7 hours of
time-resolved CCD photometry (it was my 12nd session entirely devoted to this star),
resulting in 1441 frames.

data reduction clearly shows the appearence of the long-desired superhumps. The curve
aspect is, in some way, specular respect to the first days, in the sense that now a small,
secondary maximum is in the ascending part of the primary one (superhumps). I performed
PDM analysis by joining my two most recent datasets, getting the value of 0.0582d, in good
agreement with the period found by T. Kato (0.05881d) , based on several datasets from
different observes (me included).

The light curve, as always, is at:

http://vsnet.eurolink.it/comets/wzsge.htm

It is interesting to note that the eclipsing times, assuming they are occurring at the
minima of the curve, appear 45 minutes earlier than the previsions (or 27 min later).

Regards,
Gianluca

--
* Gianluca Masi                           "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47               with awe and reverence [...]: *