[vsnet-alert 6194] Re: WZ Sge: true superhumps there?

(Please move to vsnet-chat!)

Scrive Taichi Kato <tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:

> Re: WZ Sge: true superhumps there?

>    Looks like a coincidence.  The same data gave 0.05655
+/- 0.00015
> d,
> probably caused by the limited length of the run.  One
must be always
> careful about errors...

To me, it seems like several software packages are giving
quite different results. For the very same dataset, the DOS
executable (pdm.exe) I downloaded from the VSNET website
(and I thank  Taichi for pointing my attention there) gives
0.05669d. So, I'm a bit confused on this issue. In the past
I had several cases where I did a reasonable period estimate
"by eyes". This time this operation looks more difficult, as
the maxima, during the same run, do not have a constant
separation (and this could explain why different software
gives different results?).

As for the other points raised by Dr. Kato, they definitely
suggest to keep up this never-seen coverage.

Regards,
Gianluca