[vsnet-alert 5812] IX Dra superoutburst

IX Dra superoutburst

   Ishioka-san wrote in [vsnet-alert 5810] and [vsnet-campaign 851]:

> We are observing IX Dra now. It seems to be about 15 mag.
> Further observations are encouraged.

   The data very clearly show superhumps!  The present outburst is thus
confirmed to be a genuine superoutburst.  The preliminary period determined
from these data is 0.068 d.  More detailed analysis will be presented by
Ishioka-san later.

   Combined with previous observations and our earlier data, the observations
seem to confirm our previous suggestion as a new ER UMa star
(vsnet-alert 5370) or a closely related system.

[vsnet-alert 5370]

> IX Dra: new ER UMa star?
>
>    As reported by Tonny Vanmunster, IX Dra is now confirmed as an SU UMa
> type dwarf nova.  As reported by Timo Kinnunen, the September outburst
> lasted at least for four days, which might suggest another superoutburst.
> If the September outburst was a genuine superoutburst, the interval of
> subsequent superoutbursts becomes as short as 49 d, which is pretty close
> to that of ER UMa!  Continued monitoring for future outbursts, as well as
> deep monitoring for faint (normal) outbursts are strongly encouraged.
> There are only four currently known (hydrogen-rich) ER UMa stars:
> ER UMa, V1159 Ori, RZ LMi and DI UMa.
>
>   YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
>   20000913.830  <150  (T. Kinnunen)
>   20000914.880   150  (T. Kinnunen)
>   20000915.790   151  (T. Kinnunen)
>   20000916.850   153  (T. Kinnunen)
>   20000917.810   156  (T. Kinnunen)
>   20000917.973  <150  (M. Reszelski)
>
>   20001101.881  <153  (M. Reszelski)
>   20001102.796   147  (M. Reszelski)
>   20001103.717   149  (M. Reszelski)
>   20001105.756   153: (M. Reszelski)
>
> Regards,
> Taichi Kato

   As suggested by Ishioka-san, observations at this and following epochs
are crucial and we encourage intensive observations.  The data may be
either sent to Ishioka-san (ishioka@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp) or directly
to vsnet-campaign-data.

Rehatds,
VSNET Collaboration team