[vsnet-alert 5640] Suspect in M51

Dear Colleagues,
just had a look at the right frames. At that position, nothing is on DSS blue survey. The
suspect, as already noticed by Brian Skiff, is quite blue. Considering Brian's
suggestions,
it could be interesting to look at the entire image set, as with some probability there is
some shift among the images, useful to check for "hot" pixels. I confirm that the star
shape is a bit different from that of near stars, but the posted image has not enough
resolution for better conclusion.

I would like to suggest to check for "hot" pixel, following Brian's input and then to add
those frames in order to look better at the suspect profile.

Regards,
Gianluca
--
* Gianluca Masi                           "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47               with awe and reverence [...]: *