[vsnet-alert 5428] IY UMa outburst confirmed

IY UMa outburst confirmed

    We have started time-series photometry of IY UMa on 14:00 (UT) at Kyoto.
We confirmed the outburst, and the current magnitude seems to be
brighter than that of a neighbor star r=14.9.

    IY UMa is an eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova which was discovered
on 2000 January.  To date, we have observed three outbursts; Jaunuary (super),
April (normal), and September/October (super).  The nature of the current
outburst will be clear through follow-up observations.  For CCD observations,
exposure times are recommended to be short (for example, 5s, 10s, or 30s...)
to study the eclipses and accretion disk structures.

    We will take a long-run tonight.
    Follow-up observations are strongly urged.

Regards,
M. Uemura, R. Ishioka, T. Kato, K. Matsumoto, H. Iwamatsu
at Kyoto University