[vsnet-alert 5344] RX J2315.5-3049 superhump detected

RX J2315.5-3049 superhump detected

    From our preliminary reduction of tonight run on RX J2315.5-3049,
we detect clear superhumps in ~3 hours light curve.
The period of the superhumps is about 0.078 d and the amplitude is about
0.3mag.

    In [vsnet-alert 5091], T. Augusteijn reported that their photometry and
spectroscopy at quiescence yield an orbitral period of 0.058 d.
They commented similarity to WZ Sge-type due to this short orbital period.
If it is the case, the preliminary superhump period we reported above
is 30 % longer than the orbital period.  The object may be a strange WZ Sge
type or a normal SU UMa type, and in the latter case, 0.058d-period may
contain a large error.

    Follow-up observations are strongly urged.  We will observe the next
night with Ouda 60-cm telescope if the weather is good.

Regards,
M. Uemura, T. Kato, H. Iwamatsu
at Ouda observatory