[vsnet-alert 4234] Re: EP Car outburst (Pearce)

Greetings,

This note indicates that EP Car is not in the GCVS position. Can Andrew or
Rod provide an offset in arcseconds to the new position? We don't have
access to the RASNZ VSS charts. I'll observe over the next few nights if
clear.

Regards,
Stan

----------
> From: Taichi Kato <tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
> To: vsnet-alert@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
> Subject: [vsnet-alert 4232] EP Car outburst (Pearce)
> Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 9:32 PM
>
> EP Car outburst (Pearce)
>
>    The following report from Andrew Pearce indicates the suggested dwarf
nova
> EP Car is undergoing an outburst.  Astrometry and photometry are
encouraged.
> EP Car was in outburst on 1999 Aug. 17 (Stubbings, mv=14.8) and in 1999
May
> (Stubbings et al., long outburst reaching mv=14.3).  If the current
outburst
> turns out to be a long one, time-resolved CCD photometry is strongly
> recommended.
>
>    Cataloged EP Car position from GCVS:
>
> 102824.2 -585751 (2000.0) CAREP M: 13.0 <16 P - - -
>
> From: andrew.pearce@clough.com.au
> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:41:26 +0800
> Subject: EP Car
>
> Gents
>
> I made an observation of EP Car last night as detailed below:
>
> Feb 15.778UT  >14.8
> Feb 16.777UT  14.8
>
> The star was in the new position for EP Car as marked up by Rod on the
VSS RASNZ