[vsnet-alert 4018] Re: (fwd) Re: RX J0640-24 in bright outburst

Re: (fwd) Re: RX J0640-24 in bright outburst

Hi, Stan,

> All of these dates are more than a week old - is this a reposting of an old
> message or has this star rebrightened?
>
> Regards,
> Stan

    No rebrightening has been reported or observed yet.  Our observation
last night (Jan. 14) confirms the object at approximately the same level
on Jan. 11.  We are engaged in analyzing the peridicity during the
most recent outburst and the following stage (the object definitely showed
short-term variation).  We would be very grateful to receive any past and
future (and present, of course) time-series observations.

    Data should be to: uemura@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp

    The object looking like a short-period system or an intermediate
polar having dwarf nova-like outbursts, further monitoring will be
certainly vey helpful to elucidate the nature of the object.  When it
brightens again, we will intensively activate the campaign.

Regards,
Taichi Kato (on behalf of Makoto Uemura, the campaign coordinator)