[vsnet-alert 3955] QY Per IAUC submission

QY Per IAUC submission

Dear Colleagues, esp. the members of the QY Per collaboration,

   I have submitted the following article to IAUC, as intended for the
"first" official result of the present ongoing impressively extensive
collaboration.  As QY Per is reported to be still bright and superhumping,
we wish collaborators to take more data tonight and possibly during the
coming weekend (the object is expected the start fading around this or
later).

---
QY PERSEI

  T. Kato, M. Uemura, K. Matsumoto (Kyoto University), G. Masi, A. Cassetti,
L. Cook, L. T. Jensen, B. Martin, T. Vanmunster, D. Buczynski report on
behalf of the VSNET QY Per collaboration team:  "We obtained time-series
unfiltered CCD photometry of QY Per since 1999 Dec. 29.356 UT.  Analysis of
a total of 7-day coverage revealed the clear existence of superhumps with
an average period of 0.07861 day, including the prominent growth of
superhumps starting around 29.7 UT.  The fairly long outburst interval
and the long superhump period suggest that QY Per belongs to a relatively
rare class of long-period SU UMa-type dwarf novae.  The grand light
curve can be seen at http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/DNe/qyper.html.";