[vsnet-alert 3885] RE: QY Per rare outburst

I found it extremely distasteful to receive email today that carried some
bitter remarks concerning other observers.
Without knowing, or wanting to know, the merits of the arguments, I wish to
severely criticise the protagonists for conducting a personal grudge on a
public forum like this.  I think it is disgusting and I hope that nobody
else ever resorts to this kind of unsavoury behaviour.
If you have a problem with anybody, please, there are other , more mature
ways to deal with these things.
Astronomy is a collaboration between many people around the world.  It is a
hobby or profession that all of us love and  we all benefit by cooperating
with others around the globe.  Please don't drag my hobby into the gutter.
If anyone is ever tempted to repeat this disgusting behaviour, PLEASE don't
do it.  Let us put a stop to this NOW.

And on a more cheerful note, I hope you all have fantastic clear skies in
the year 2000.
best wishes,
Brian Fraser

Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Brian Fraser
Tel 27 11 871-0370
Fax 27 11 871-0226
email brian.fraser@macsteel.co.za