[vsnet-alert 3803] DV UMa in Brno

Dear colleagues,

we observed DV UMa on October. 8 and detected two minima and two superhump
maxima. There is clearly visible from light curve three modulations:

 1) eclipses of acretion disk

 2) (super)hump  modulations

 3) linear rise to maximum.

I think we covered very "young" phase of superoutburst and detected only
grow of superhumps. Similar case was one run on T Leo udring last outburst
when we saw rising modulation on light curve during our coverage.

To all who are interested in DV UMa system I'd like to recomend an article
published by S. Howel and S. Blanton - "A photometric Analysis of ..." in AJ
(106, 1, p.311) available free of charge from ADS.

Regards

Rudolf Novak
Nicholas Copernicus Observatory in Brno. CR

P.S. Page of DV UMa's run from 1997 obtained here in Brno are on CBA Brno
home page at
http://ian.cz/cba