[vsnet-alert 3704] (fwd) V503 Cyg activity

(fwd) V503 Cyg activity

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 02:11:44 -0600
From: "Claia O. Bryja" <claia@atlascomm.net>
Since I found V503 Cyg roughly two magnitudes
brighter than usual and rising, I thought it was worth notifying
people in Asia in time for them to give it some priority.  I didn't
try to send an alert since V503 Cyg outbursts roughly once a month,
so it isn't rare.

I've never sent observations using this format before.  I'm using the
colon at the end of the magnitude to indicate that these were fairly
rough visual estimates.  The comparison stars were from K.A. Misselt's
PASP paper (which I also don't have handy right this minute-- it's
in another building, since I've quit observing for the night).

> CygV503 19991113.132 158: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.143 155: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.154 153: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.164 154: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.176 152: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.186 151: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.196 151: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.206 151: CBryja
> CygV503 19991113.217 151: CBryja

Let me know if you have any questions or comments about the
appropriateness of sending these observations.

                                  Sincerely,

                                                Claia Bryja

                                                Springfield MO USA