[vsnet-alert 3591] Re: HST observations of XTE J1859+226 - Oct 18

Re: HST observations of XTE J1859+226 - Oct 18

Dear Carole, Wan,

   Our Hokkaido colleague, Yasuo Sano (nytenmon@cocoa.ocn.ne.jp or
sanoef@coral.ocn.ne.jp) is going to observe the source On Oct. 18, covering
the HST exposure 11 and the RXTE GT starting at 08:36:00.  The location of
the observer is the best suited in Japan for simultaneous observations.
He is going to perform time-resolved CCD photometry (he is an experienced
observer, also known as the discoverer of the hypernova candidate SN1997ef).
Coordinated optical photometry is also planned by the Kyoto group covering
the preceding and following nights (Uemura and Kato).  We are also calling
for several potential observers.  We will keep you informed (also via
vsnet-alert) the progress.

Makoto Uemura