[vsnet-alert 3205] (fwd) Help on observation of object in ngc 6949

 Date: 11 Jul 99 07:14:45 -0500
 Subject: Help on observation of object in ngc 6949
 From: Ad Astra <you.wamt.to.know@mail2.mia.bellsouth.net>

last night at 990711.326 UT we took a image of the galaxy NGC 6949.
An unfiltered 10x30s CCD image on our 14" smit-cass showed an object
3.1 arcseconds north of the nucleus.  We checked the CCD field with
the A2.0 CD catalog and found no star or object at that position.
Also, the digital skysurvey image does not clearly show the object.
We were not able to find images of this galaxy on the Internet  Can
anyone confirm this observation and/or does anyone have an archive
image of this galaxy?

Clear Skies (finally)
Noah McBurnett
Arno v. Werven