[vsnet-alert 2989] NGC 3227

     Just had a quick look using the Lowell 53cm photometric telescope in
its photometer previewer eyepiece.  I couldn't see anything definite within
the galaxy besides the conspicuous stellar (Seyfert) nucleus.  My limit was
fairly bright, Tsvetkov's star 9 (V=14.7) on the south-southeast side of
the galaxy being a threshold object.  So within the galaxy the limit would
certainly be brighter, and I think quite a bit brighter than the reported
magnitude.  Awaiting CCD confirmation....

\Brian