[vsnet-alert 2677] Re: CG CMa astrometry

Re: [vsnet-alert 2676] Re: CG CMa astrometry

> Unfortunately I have not yet seen any CCD images of CG CMa in outburst.
> Could it be possible that CG CMa and the USNO star are very close companions?
> An outburst amplitude of only 2-3 magnitudes (if CG CMa and the USNO star are
> identical) seems to be very small for a CV (dwarf nova?) with such rare
> outbursts.

   I hope someone capable of moderate resolution (~1") imaging could solve
this problem.  According to As. Ap. Suppl. 114, 575, Zwitter and Munari
observed CG CMa (probably the counterpart on the POSS chart) and obtained
shallow absorption lines resembling a white dwarf.  They proposed the
remaining possibility of extremely low interaction state of a cataclysmic
variable.  The current recovery in outburst seriously poses an open
question.