[vsnet-alert 2584] Re: Nova Mus 1998 oscillation (cont'd)

Re: [vsnet-alert 2583] Re: Nova Mus 1998 oscillation (cont'd)

Brian Skiff wrote:

> More recently, I recall QV VUl = Nova Vul 1987 also did this....yes, there
> is a reason why I remember this!  See:
>
> http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iauc/04500/04501.html
> http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iauc/04500/04509.html

    There have been a suggestion novae with DQ Her-type dust minima tends
to have such oscillations before the dust formation.   QV Vul seems to be
another good example.  Fast novae (like Nova Mus 1998) with this kind of
oscillations look more infrequent.