[vsnet-alert 2498] CVC Circulars & CBA Belgium

Dear CVC subscribers,

Starting from January 1st of 1999, I will discontinue publishing the CVC circulars. I believe the VSNET is doing a great job in promptly notifying the CV community of important new outbursts, and in commenting ongoing outbursts. The CVC circulars therefore have very little to add to that.

I want to sincerely thank all subscribers for the many warm comments, that I have received over the years and I do hope to stay in contact with each of you on a regular basis.

Together with this rather "bad" news, I have some good things to share too. In the past couple of months, I have been working hard to upgrade the equipment at CBA Belgium Observatory. I have replaced the 10" f/6.3 telescope, with a brand new C14 telescope (with ST-7), which is now installed on a new professional mount. After many nights of writing the proper software progammes to control the mount and telescope, and after lots of hardware problems, the observatory finally saw "first light" on December 28th, with a time-series CCD run on BK Lyn. The following nights were clear too, and allowed us to further finetune the setup.

So, we're operational again at CBA Belgium and I hope to share with you lots of exciting results in 1999 !

Best wishes for a Happy New Year with many clear skies ...

Regards,
Tonny