[vsnet-alert 2110] Re: Faint object in Triangulum

Victor R. Ruiz wrote:

>  We haven't say that this object should be a SN. That's the question.
>Maximo inspected carefully the DSS and there is nothing. Before sending the
>alert, I have queried the SIMBAD and there is no reported body on that
>position: no apparent galaxy, comet, asteroid, variable...

Truely.  I only gave an information if it is SN in Abell 262.  I guess
it would not be a solar system body, because the movement has not
reported.  Then, three possiblities remain: a) foreground (our
Galaxy's) variable, b) isolated (super)nova between Abell 262 and us,
and c) tremendous outburst at the (or further than) Abell 262.
Needless to say, the spectroscopy is necessary for the determination
of its nature.

By the way, could you send the image (a271.gif) in FITS format if you
can?  It will help to do more precise astrometry and photometry of
this star.

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp