[vsnet-alert 1669] SN 1998an

Dear All,

  SN 1998an, which I have sent a note ([vsnet-alert 1656] and isn_chat
on Apr. 9), was observed by G. Poyner ([vsnet-obs 11084]). Note that
he reported the brighter magnitudes than I have predicted from its
distance.

SN 1998an      11.880          14.6:

This magnitude is rather brighter (about 1 mag) than usual SNeIa. I
will check the distance estimate as well, but this object should be
very noteworthy. Further photometries are strongly encouraged. Also,
the spectroscopic type determination was not reported on IAUC. The
potential spectroscopic observer are encouraged to check this object.

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp