[vsnet-alert 1430] (fwd) Updated information on the LMC eclipsing Cepheid (Welch)

  Sorry, I mistook the title.

> From: Doug Welch <welch@physics.mcmaster.ca>
> Subject: [vsnet 0] Updated information on the LMC eclipsing Cepheid

The next primary eclipse of the Cepheid which now looks
like it will begin 1998 Feb 16.7 UT or thereabouts and will last
for about 10 days. Obviously it would be useful to obtain data
as frequently as once per hour - especially at the beginning and
the end to fix the length of the primary eclipse.

I have placed a new and improved finder chart at:

    http://vsnetmacho.mcmaster.ca/EclCep/
                   or
    http://vsnetmacho.anu.edu.au/EclCep/

which notes some of the known variables in the field and (in green)
shows stars which are near the Cepheid, constant in the MACHO
database, and similar in brightness. I will post mean V and V-R for the
comp stars in the near future. If you are unable to download the page,
let me know and I will send you hardcopy.

Cheers,
Doug