[vsnet-alert 1276] Re: & [vsnet-chat 672] (Re: SW UMa)

Dear colleagues,

Below is the abstract of our (Nogami, Baba, Kato, and Novak)
paper on the 1996 superoutburst of SW UMa just before being
submitted to PASJ.  We will post the manuscript to vsnet and
put it in the vsnet preprint archive after the submission.

---
   Differential CCD photometry of the 1996 April superoutburst of SW UMa
   was performed both at the Nicholas Copernicus Observatory and at the
   Ouda Station, Kyoto University.  Superhumps with a period of 0.05818
   (+- 0.00002) d and possible small-amplitude quasi periodic oscillations
   (QPOs) were detected, but we found in vain so-called `super-QPOs'.
   SW UMa is proved to be the fourth SU UMa-type dwarf nova following
   AL Com, V1028 Cyg and HV Vir in that an analysis of superhump maximum
   timings revealed increase of the superhump period during this
   superoutburst.
---

It may be quite valuable to try to detect super-QPOs with
time-resolution as short as possible and try to reveal the
superhump development in the current superoutburst!

Best regards,
Daisaku Nogami