[vsnet-alert 787] Re: Please check T Pyx

G'day all,

The clouds parted briefly (at last).  T Pyx is <11.5 on Mar 13 13:17UT.
Seeing conditions were not good, despite T Pyx being near zenith.

On 1997-03-12 tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp said:
   >We have received an unconfirmed report from a VSOLJ observer on
   >possible brightening of the recurrent nova T Pyx.  The observer
   >recorded the star at mv=13.0 on Mar. 11.625 UT.  Could someone
   >check the field?

It should be noted that T Pyx has had brief outbursts before.  For
example, it was seen at 14.4 at least once last year, fading within an
hour!

This report seems like another case of "a hiccup at minimum" ?

cheers,

Fraser Farrell
Variable Stars Group
Astronomical Society of South Australia

WWW: http://vsnet.gist.net.au/assa/   email: fraserf@dove.net.au
traditional:  GPO Box 199, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia