[vsnet-outburst 5234] KS UMa – CCD photometry at CBA Belgium Observatory (2003, Feb 19/20) – superhumps developed

Dear colleagues,

I was able to monitor KS UMa photometrically tonight (2003, Feb 19/20) during
4.3 hours, using an unfiltered ST-7 CCD and the 0.35-m f/6.3 telescope of CBA
Belgium Observatory.

A first analysis of the resulting light curve clearly shows the presence of
superhumps with an amplitude of 0.21 mag. The present outburst thus is a
genuine superoutburst.

I will make my observations and results of period determination available later
today, and publish the light curve on my web site.

Kind regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
www.cbabelgium.com