[vsnet-outburst 4932] BZ UMa outburst: detection of oscillations

BZ UMa outburst: detection of oscillations

Dear Colleagues,

   We have fully analyzed the full-night BZ UMa data taken on Dec. 22
by the Okayama U. of Sci. team, led by Tanabe-san.  The object was rapidly
fading at a rate of 1.3 mag/d.

   Superimposed on this fading, we can detect modulations with a period
close to 0.066 d.  This period looks like to be assoicated with the orbital
period.

   Short-period quasi-periodic oscillations with variable amplitudes were
also observed.  The strongest period was around 0.023 d.  This finding
generally confirmed (with a higher quality) the suggestion by Kato (1999)
IBVS 4768.  The overall light curve on Dec. 22 generally resembles that
of HT Cam, despite the lack of an acceleration of the fading rate during
the latest stage.

VSNET Collaboration team