[vsnet-outburst 4121] V729 Sgr outburst: eclipse ephemeris (and other info)

V729 Sgr outburst: eclipse ephemeris (and other info)

   According to Cieslinski et al. (2000) PASP 112, 349, this object is
known to show shallow eclipses (in quiescence).  The object is also
suspected to be a Z Cam-type dwarf nova.  Since there has been no
known "typical" (i.e. short period) Z Cam stars with eclipses, V729 Sgr
may provide an excellent sample to study a potential Z Cam-type
accretion disk.

   Although there are enough competing target-of-opportunity objects in
this area of the sky, we propose V729 Sgr as the second priority target
for the VSNET Collaboration team (for southern observers, V877 Ara,
see [vsnet-alert 7372] is apparently the best target of this time;
V4641 Sgr also requires intensive coverage).  [The Kyoto members are
planning to cover both V4641 Sgr and V729 Sgr using multiple telescopes.
We therefore recommend southern Pacific-area observers to devote your
telescope to V877 Ara, at least until its nature becomes evident.]

   Eclipse predictions for V729 Sgr (times are UT, geocentric):

  20020607 03:12:46
  20020607 07:22:27
  20020607 11:32:09
  20020607 15:41:50