[vsnet-obs 26480] (Pearce) OY Car eclipse

(Pearce) OY Car eclipse

From: andrew.pearce@clough.com.au
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:20:23 +0800
Subject: OY Car

Further to my observation of the eclipse for OY Car last night, I have redone
the magnitude estimates utilising the Tycho-2 magnitudes of the OY Car Chart GIF
file on VSNET.  These magnitudes extend down to 12.0.  There is  a distinct
difference in the comparison star magnitudes between the Tycho-2 data and the
current comparison star mags I have on my chart.  Generally the Tycho-2 mags are
brighter.

There is a star NW of OY Car which has a magnitude of 12.5 which does not have a
corresponding Tycho-2 magnitude which has also been used for the estimates.

Feb 22nd

Time (UT)      Mag
13:59               11.2
14:24               12.4
14:26               12.1
14:27               11.8
14:28               11.6
14:30               11.3
14:31               11.3

I hope to view further eclipses tonight.

Regards
Andrew Pearce