[vsnet-chat 6788] Revised astrometry of GCVS

Dear colleagues,

We can find many papers which revise the astrometry of variable stars
in GCVS. However, not all revised positions are merged into SIMBAD:

  http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/Simbad

For example, our paper IBVS 4813:

  http://vsnet.konkoly.hu/cgi-bin/IBVS?4813

are already merged into SIMBAD, however, IBVS 4841:

  http://vsnet.konkoly.hu/cgi-bin/IBVS?4841

are not yet merged.

So, where is the best place to look up the latest revised position of
variable stars? In other words, who is the best collector of revised
positions published in many many papers?

BTW, we have another list of revised positions not yet published. So,
what should we do? Posting to vsnet-id or vsnet-chat is enough? Or do
we have to submit to IBVS, although they will not be merged into
SIMBAD?

Best regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida