[vsnet-chat 6579] Re: V4745Sgr climbing up again

Dr. Pojmanski wrote:

> At this point resemblance to the dwarf novae is striking and one
> plausible explanation is that (for the first time?) we see
> disk-instability induced outbursts overlaid on the declining branch of
> the nova light curve.

   The conditions for disk instability would be hardly archiveable
in outbursting novae.  A similar idea was proposed by Leibowitz in 1993
(ApJ 411, L29), but is not now widely believed as the cause of nova
oscillations.  Variations with similar time scales have been reported
in a number of past novae.  For example, Lederle and Kimeswenger reported
short-term variations in CI Aql, but they were not attributed to the
variation in the accretion disk.

Return to the Daisaku Nogami