[vsnet-chat 6545] (fwd) Re: RR HYA unusual brightening?

WX Hyi is one of the known flickering DNe. It regularly has very short brightenings, seen by one observer and not by the others. This seems to happen at the hours level, not seconds...

Berto Monard /  MLF

ps hi everyone...

>>> Taichi Kato <tkato@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp> 06/11/03 05:03AM >>>
Re: (fwd) Re: RR HYA unusual brightening?

> I seem to remember that at one time, AR And was thought to be a Mira too.

   Yes, this was the well-known(?) reverse case.  People may remeber that
WX Hyi was originally considered as a Mira, too.  Some time ago, there
was a campaign to check poorly observed Mira stars for more such examples,
because typical supercycle lengths of SU UMa stars are close to Mira-type
pulsation periods -- this was motivated by the possibility that "if only
superoutburst are recorded, the star may look a Mira star".

   There was a VSNET discussion on this topic long time ago ... I don't
remember the location.

--
believed to be clean.

Return to the Powerful Daisaku