[vsnet-chat 6436] Re: [vsnet-obs 45243] RS Oph

>I wonder why so often someone feels obliged to comment on my
reports ...<

Speaking for myself only, when I see your name on a vsnet message I expect
it to relate to something of note, since you never report your nightly or
run-of-the-mill observations.

My heart jumped for a second when I saw RS Oph and Schmeer. I skipped it
tonight because of the hazy conditions, and I would have been pissed for
decades if I missed the beginning of this long anticipated outburst by
choice!

I always think of the story about T CrB by Leslie Peltier in 'Starlight
Nights'.
The one night that winter he decided it was just too cold to go out...

Surely, I would have seen RS Oph in the 12" through fog and clouds at 11 or
better!

Or should we call it 1744-06. Those were the coordinates in 1900 after all
:-)

Mike