[vsnet-chat 6423] Re: Tycho to standard V

>>  I had the paper but I thought it was meant only to Tycho-1.

     Strictly speaking, yes.  But the Tycho-2 construction paper
indicates they used the same calibration.  Since most of the E-region
stars are bright, the scale error at the faint end of Tycho-1 was not
noticed.  John Greaves has shown (and there is other formally published
stuff by others) that there is no significant scale error at the faint
end of Tycho-2---just gets noisy.
     In case folks need to see Greaves' plots (BV data with the poor
Tycho-consortium correction versus the LONEOS file), they're here:

http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/VJT2mVJL.gif
http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/BVTL_VJL.gif
http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/BVT2mBVL.gif

\Brian