[vsnet-chat 6287] Re: color conversion

dear friend:

If you want to convert JH(Ks) photometry  to B-V color for spectral type calculation you must to consult an excelent paper by M.S. Bessell & J.M. Brett "JHKLM Photmetry: Standard Systems, Passbands, and Intrinsic colors" published in 1988, PASP 100, 1134B. In this paper you have tables and diagram which relate Spectral type with V-I, V-K, H-K, J-K, colors. It you know V-I vs B-V relation you have solve the problem. But you must to know the luminosity class of your star.

Greetins.

--
Francisco Manuel Rica Romero
Coordinador Sección Estrellas Dobles LIADA