[vsnet-chat 6284] Re: color conversion -2MASS to V-Rc and V-Ic

In a message dated 5/2/2003 9:29:09 AM Central Daylight Time, comet@aerith.net writes:

Thank you for your reply. I visited your web page, but unfortunately,
I could not find information on 2MASS and GSC2 colors...

Well, Doug also sent me an Excel sheet privately. That is excellent!!!
That is what I need on 2MASS color.

Doug, why don't you create a web page to show your diagrams in the
Excel sheet? They are really excellent. I believe they will help
everyone in the world if you put them open to the public.

Seiichi:
I did create a web page http://members.aol.com/dwest61506/page72.html that has the formulas to convert 2MASS J and K magnitudes to V-Rc and V-Ic.  These formulas are a good first approximation.  I hope to add more stars to the conversions and improve the formulas (this will take some time to complete).
Regards,

Doug West
http://hometown.aol.com/dwest61506/index.html