[vsnet-chat 6228] RE: [AAVSO-DIS] AAVSO names in SIMBAD

Brian,

Please note that the Harvard designations aren't really fixed identifiers,
but might change if new entries are added, older positions are corrected,
etc. In the recent update (described on http://vsnet.aavso.org/validation.stm)
you will find following changes among others:

0343+23D  NSV 1321   changed Desig to 0342+23B
0339+24   21 TAU     changed Desig to 0340+24
0506-08   V1199 ORI  changed Desig to 0506-08B

The recent updates of March 28th are not yet included in SIMBAD, although
according the SIMBAD homepage the last update was done on April 7th.

Best Regards,
Eric

VVS Werkgroep Veranderlijke Sterren
http://vsnet.vvs.be/wg/wvs/