[vsnet-chat 6112] (fwd) Re: [vsnet-gcvs 314] (fwd) NMO Campaign

(fwd) Re: [vsnet-gcvs 314] (fwd) [vsnet-chat 6107] Re: NMO Campaign

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:18:40 +0300 (MSK)
From: "Nikolai N. Samus" <samus@lnfm1.sai.msu.ru>

The GCVS now has reliable positions for more than 90 (probably more than
95) percent variable stars in the constellations of Volumes I and II of
the printed version. Within a year, at maximum two years, this will be the
case for the whole catalog. As for "proper" magnitudes, I would easily
call unfiltered CCD magnitudes unproper. We try to use well-defined
systems wherever possible; to get the whole catalog uniform in the sense
of the magnitude system, a lot of NEW RESEARCH will be needed. Without it,
the "photometrically uniform" GCVS would become a catalog of BRIGHT
variable stars in a certain sense.

Regards
N. Samus