[vsnet-chat 6110] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] Re: NMO Campaign

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Taichi Kato wrote:

> there were huge gaping holes.  On some occasions, the objects were
> merely once intensively observed as a program of a different variable
> star party.  The observers simply stopped observing once the program
> was over.  In spite of the AAVSO's effort to encourage observations of
> these stars, there have not been a sign of remarkable change in
> observers trend of action.  From these experiences, I have been skeptical

Just because things didn't work once in the past doesn't mean to give up!
For me, this NMO campaign *HAS* changed my observing plans. I used to do
CV's almost exclusively, but now thanks to this NMO I will incorporate the
most needed LPV's into every night's observation, on a rolling schedule,
to keep them covered at least weekly.

I am just one observer, but if I do it this way, at least these stars will
get a basic minimum of coverage from now on instead of long gaps like in
the past.

Change can happen and it can be good...

Mike Linnolt