[vsnet-chat 2955] Re: CP Dra

Re: [vsnet-chat 2954] Re: Message suggesting CP Dra deserves closer observation

> Hoffmeister (1966), AN, 289, 139 or
> Kolotovkina (1979) Perem. Zvezdy 3, 665 has the other atlas: can you
> check them, Taichi?

   Yes, I have checked the both (the latter reference should be its
"Supplement").  The outburst statistics mentioned in the previous message
was from the latter reference.  The former reference has been checked
during my previous study of precise coordinates of variable stars.

   However, I remember I have seen (but don't remember the bibliographic
data) an (old) AN? reference that showed a chart with the galaxy.  Although
the maximum in GCVS apparently took over Kolotovkina's value, the maximum
recorded in the AN? reference was much brighter (around 13?).

>   Very timely, SN 1972H has occured in this galaxy.  It was discovered
> by Goranskij (IAUC 2431, issued on 1972 Aug.), and follow-uped by
> several observers.  The atlas of this SN can be seen on Barbon (1973)
> A&Ap, 29, 43.  Also, SN 1997bq has occured in this galaxy.

   Perhaps this suggests that frequent visitors to CP Dra may have a better
chance to discover a SN than to watch other field dwarf novae ;-).