[vsnet-chat 2864] Re: New variable?

I checked my data from 000405 and 000406 for the CBA
comparison star that Rudolf suspects to be variable.
For those two nights over many hours, the star is
constant to better than 0.01mag.
  Finding new variables in the fields of program
objects is a simple datamining technique that all
photometrists should use.  That was one of the primary
reasons I started measuring every star in my CCD frames
many years ago.  Various surveys indicate that somewhere
around one percent of all stars are easily detectable
variables, so almost every field should have several.
Arne