[vsnet-chat 2656] Re: RXJ0459.7+1926 and NSV4189 field photometry

Re: [vsnet-chat 2645] RXJ0459.7+1926 and NSV4189 field photometry

>   I would suggest that observers use RXJ0459 for an abbreviation
> rather than J0459 as Kato-san suggested, since the source catalog
> is important.  The 'J' just means the coordinates are J2000.

    Yes, a longer abbreviation would be better.  But the "J0459" will be
an invariable portion of the nomenclature, if the source has been given
identifications by other X-ray observations.  This convention has sometimes
been taken especially in abbreviating X-ray sources independently discovered
by multiple satellites.  Anyway, the usage of very ambiguous designations
such as "Tau 3" should be more restricted (I wonder whether people may have
confused this with "3 Tau").