[vsnet-chat 2554] The "top 10"

I propose to include in the "top 10" variables of the century
- the nova GK Persei 1901, the first nova of the XXth. century, perhaps the
brightest (mv 0.2) and the nova wich was the origin of the variable star
observer career of Antoine Brun, the founder of the AFOEV. GK Per is also
remarkable for his mini-eruptions.
- Mira Ceti wich can be observed with binoculars or with a small instrument
- SS Cygni wich is observed nonstop until over a century
- the supernova wich is able to explode in our Galaxy befor the end of the
century !
E. Schweitzer - AFOEV