[vsnet-chat 2542] Re: An observing program

Re: [vsnet-chat 2541] An observing program

Dear Masi,

> It could be very interesting to hear how they organize it, how often they
> check a particular target, any particular truck and so on. I understand that
> many of their procedures can be "top-secret" :) , but I'm very interested
> at least about the general rules.

   It's not a top serect!  Several variable star organizations have "public"
lists of such targets (a well-known example is the "Recurrent Object Program"
by the BAA VSS, see http://vsnet.telf-ast.demon.co.uk/).  Another simple
strategy is to monitor dwarf novae and candidates which have not been
observed in outburst in many years.  What are required are the years-long
patience and the ability to prompt notifying the outburst!

Regars,