[vsnet-chat 2523] Re: On Munidos error

Dear Colleagues,
I did several proofs as regards the fractional part of the JD calculated by the old
MuniDOS. The only problem was the one discussed by Dr. Kato [vsnet-alert 3979], related to
the mid exposure (you had to subtract, from the JD given by the software, a quantity, in
minutes, equal to the mid-exposure, with this one in seconds: for example, if your
exposure was of 40 seconds, you had to subtract 20 minutes, of course expressed in days).

As regards the error of 36524 days (so close to the lenght of a year * 100!), I simply got
only the fractional part of the calculated JD, adding the right value later (or, simply,
at the beginning of the header of my report).

I still have to try wih the new version of MuniDOS.

Best regards,
Gianluca

--
* Gianluca Masi                           "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47               with awe and reverence [...]: *