[vsnet-chat 2495] Re: ST6- IR Blocking filter

Hi Stan,
                I have been interested by your problems with the ST6 and I
band imaging. We have a BVRI filter set here at Auckland University of the
same prescription as yours, and the same detector, but no such problems are
encountered.
    The image you have sent shows something which looks like an image of the
telescope entrance pupil, ie it seems to be an out of focus image of some
kind. I think if you could send a flatfield that could be instructive,
although I note that the image you have sent has not been flatfielded. Does
the effect disappear once the images are flatfielded? What methods do you
use to construct the flats for your filters?

    Cheers

    Paul Warhurst