[vsnet-chat 2113] Re: Required CCD temperature stability

Re: [vsnet-chat 2109] Re: Required CCD temperature stability

Dr. Henden wrote:

>    Why would you expect the fringing to be different depending on
> temperature?  The fringes are caused by night-sky emission lines,
> not by a temperature effect.

    My understanding was that the change in temperature causes the change
in the length of the light path within CCD, thereby causing a different
interference condition.  Am I right?  I've heard from our local observers
that the fringe pattern of the old thinned TI chip was sensitive to
the temperature variation.  If the temperature stability less than 0.5
deg is practically adequate, considering both bias levels and fringes,
we would be happy with our latest design of our new camera.

> I assume you will be running non-MPP since you are going so cold?
> The SITe in MPP mode doesn't need to be taken below TEC temperatures.

    We will be running a MPP mode.  I've heard the optimal temperature
(-100 deg) from our local vendor.  Does your suggestion mean the optimal
temperature would be higher for the MPP mode operation?