[vsnet-chat 2049] Photometric reference file update

     Following Arne Henden's announcement of some new or amended photometric
sequences, I have added a selection of stars from each of these fields posted
through 29 June to my photometric reference file.  N.B. that many of the
sequences are revised rather being new.  The revised sequences are for a
completely new selection of stars in each field, not an update of the original
set.  Some earlier chit-chat about the list, along with plots of the
distribution of the stars can be found at Michael Richmond's TASS Web site:

http://stupendous.rit.edu/tass/catalogs/catalogs.html#loneos

     In most cases I tweezed the original star-lists as follows.  In Arne's
lists the errors are given explicitly, so I ruthlessly deleted all stars with
errors larger than 0.030 mag. in both V and B-V.  For well-populated fields,
I then selected about five stars per magnitude interval in roughly 0.2 mag
increments.  The remainder were compared against USNO-A2.0 using the Strasbourg
VizieR, which allowed me to delete additional stars that have close companions
(usually < 15" away and less than 4 or 5 magnitudes fainter than the sequence
star).  GSC names are given as available in all cases.  The files are at:

http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/starcats/loneos.phot        (1.9Mb uncompressed)
http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/starcats/loneos.phot.gz     (520Kb compressed)

The small bibliographic reference file has also been amended:

http://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/starcats/loneos.ref         (77Kb)

A date given at the top of each file shows when it was last modified.

\Brian