[vsnet-chat 2019] Re: EV Aqr

Re: [vsnet-chat 2016] EV Aqr

> So the star is variable, but most likely just some SR.
> What is the origin for the cataclysmic designation for this
> star?

   I too wish to know how "EV Aqr" was discovered and whether it is identical
with this red variable.

   However, numerous examples of red variables exist, which were regarded as
dwarf novae at the time of discovery and subsequent studies.  HN Cyg is
a typical example, even a dwarf nova-looking outburst light curve and
the outburst parameters were gievn.  V1285 Cyg is another, whose light
curve at the time of discovery was referred to as "closely resemble that
of RX And".  Low-amplitude phases in certain SR stars seem to be too easily
considered as standstills in Z Cam stars.

   Recalling the constellation Aquarius, what is the current status of
CV Aqr?  The discovery paper looks very trustful: among variables discovered
at the same time, the recent recovery of V699 Oph is still fresh in our
memory.