[vsnet-chat 2004] Re: Correction: NY Ser humps

Greetings, All,

Excel has this nasty trick of plotting curves upside down from the
astronomical viewpoint - I've fallen into it with EX Hydrae where the light
curve is very sinusoidal at times.

Interesting to note that if you allow 19 cycles between Lew's two maxima my
maxima is predicted at June 19.440 +/- 0.01 whereas it seemed to be at
19.438. A nice fit. The period of 0.1037 is shorter than Taichi Kato
mentions. I know that on VW Hydri the SH period shortens during the
outburst but it's about 20 years since I took much interest in SH periods
on SU UMa stars.

Regards,
Stan