[vsnet-chat 1994] Re: NY Ser

Greetings All,

With something of a struggle I was measuring NY Ser on June 19. With a 20cm
from 35S this was marginal - culmination was 32 degrees altitude. So the
data is noisy. But I have what could be a superhump at June 19.438. The
rest of the measures (280 sets of 40 second exposures) look consistent with
this. If real, this would support a period of ~0.104 days. I have 33
minutes of unreduced data which may provide a second hump at the star. As I
concluded the run - the star was at a very low altitude - it gave hints of
rising again. Cover was from 19.352 to 19.538 - a good example of minimum
yield statistics with a centrally placed hump?

Regards,
Stan Walker